New hobbies
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 pm 

I've recently started volunteering at a local amateur theatre. Not on stage (yet) but box office and helping out with refreshments on coffee mornings, and selling programmes etc on performance nights. Great crowd, loads of laughs. Also crown green bowling and try your local U3A. Loads of us recycled teenagers there ;)

New hobbies
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 pm 

That sounds one of the best volunteering jobs I’ve heard of in ages you lucky thing!
Guess you get free tickets now and again as well!?

Was it hard to get accepted?

Re: New hobbies
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 am 

Greetings Jo (guessing from your message title) No it wasn't difficult to be accepted, they're glad of new help; only qualifications required...willing nature and big smile optional. No free tickets but as member of theatre volunteer staff we get discounts and invites to parties, outings etc. Pudding club being one of my favourites, so you can tell I'm not a diet-crazed size zero wannabe.
Wait for latest news..I'm joining a local belly-dancing class this week..so brace yourself for future reviews (and possible attendance at A&E if too strenuous!!)

New hobbies
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm 

I have a willing nature and big smile, so may make the effort to find out locally.
Looking forward to hearing about the belly dancing side of things! Sounds pretty unique to me.

Re: New hobbies
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm 

Volunteering is always a nice way to meet new people. I volunteer at cookie class and I basically get my lesson for free since I help prep vegetables before.