THE 2010 ELECTIONS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 pm 

Hi everybody.

The Election Circus 2010 is well and truly on the road and after the second TV debate,
seems to be firing people up for the first time in years. Are you in election fever?.

In my home town and particularly in the suburb where I live, the Lib Dems are definately
gaining in poularity. Nick Clegg, as everybody now knows, is MP for Sheffield Hallam and
now his mate, Paul Scriven, leader of Sheffield CC is also campaigning for Parliament.

My thoughts are leaning towards voting for the Lib Dems, because I like what they are doing
and achieving in Sheffield, namely giving a lot more decision making opportunities back to
the people. It is slowly starting to work and seems to be accepted by the majority.

Labour on the other hand just seem to be rolling on, knowing they still have a few strongholds
that need very little defending, because the voting tradition is (or was) handed down from
generation to generation. With so many steel works and pits closing over the last decade,
this tradition is going out of fashion and in less than two weeks, I think we will have one of the
biggest political shake ups that Sheffield has seen in a long, long time.

The Conservatives also ran.

Let's hear what's happening where you live!

Ken

Re: THE 2010 ELECTIONS
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:09 pm 

I knew this topic would get you all going!

I thought it would get more response than the 'Whoopee Cushion'.

Admin1, have you pressed the "Read Only" button again?

THE 2010 ELECTIONS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 pm 

A reminder to all our members, today is the last day for voting in the Students Union Sabbatical elections. This year one of our members our venerable console rep Niall is running for VPCS if you havent voted in the elections please do so and encourage your friends to do so as well.

Heres a message from Niall