Re: Holiday time!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:00 pm 

Thanks for that Ken..Looks like a little gem. Will bear that in mind if i decide to see that area.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:02 pm 

My daughter & family travelled to the I.O.W. yesterday and this morning they (the media) are reporting 99 mph winds.

Hope they've got a good kite with them!

Seriously, I phoned her today and all's well on the caravan park where they are staying.

Ken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 am 

Well it's here again! Yes folks, it's holiday time!
Thanks to all the many people who told us all about their holiday experiences and destinations, it was very enlightening, to say the least. Did anyone fetch you fresh flowers while you were there?

We've already had a few days in Bishops' Stortford at my daughters, but soon we'll be off for two weeks in (hopefully) sunny rural Kent, between Tunbridge Wells and Rye.
It's seven years since I spent four enjoyable days in Hythe, but other than flitting backwards and forwards to the ferry, confess to not knowing much about the county.

This year, we have joined the National Trust and English Heritage for the first time, so we are hoping to get our money back in this holiday, having at least three castles and other attractions within 10 miles of our holiday home. More after the holiday.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:16 am 

We have now been back for two weeks, but have never stopped talking about our holiday in Kent.
This was our holiday home.

http://www.freedomholidayhomes.co.uk/co ... 6-georgies

From the accommodation to the weather, everything was perfect.
We didn't get to see everything we wanted, but managed at least ten visits to the NT and one EH sites, plus one or two other historic places. Sounds miserly, but we got more than double our NT subscription back in entry fees and that in just two weeks.

Being a couple of old fogeys, the holiday was exhausting and so we have spontaneously decided to have another two week on the Llyn peninsular, North Wales, in a three bedroom luxury caravan. It's about 40 years since my last caravan holiday, so I can't wait to see how things have changed. This time we are about a mile from the coast between Pwllheli and Criccieth on a beautiful secluded site with no bar, no slot machines, just peace and quiet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:54 am 

Been back a week now and all that I can say is, the Llyn peninsular/ Snowdonia areas of Wales are some of the most beautiful parts of the UK. Absolutely spectacular!
The 5* caravan and the immaculately kept park left nothing to be desired. Even the weather behaved for two weeks.
We were so impressed by everything - we're having another two weeks there in September.

http://www.thornleyleisure.co.uk/carava ... an-heights

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 pm 

Don't know if anyone still uses this forum, but here goes...........

Back home again from another two lovely weeks in Wales. Everything was good including the weather. Eventually got to Caernarfon castle this time. The Welsh Fusiliers museum situated in the castle is in my opinion, well worth the admission price alone. Even stood on the bit where Charlie got crowned!

Also took in, Criccieth, Harlech and Penrhyn (NT) castles, plus Plas Nywedd (NT) on Anglesey. Alsowenttothatplacethatendsingogogoch.......... that's on Anglesey too!

One minus point was with the caravan, the same one as last time. There were a few issues which can only be put down to complacency with the cleaners and their overseers. I made these points quite clear to the site manager and to Thornley head office. Awaiting answer.

When I book and pay for 5*.......... I expect 5*!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:16 am 

The 2015 holiday brochures have started trickling in, but
because of my partners' health, there will be no long term
booking this year. Things will be a little spontaneous.