Manuka honey
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:17 am 

Have you ever tried Manuka Honey ? It can be bought in various strengths of UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) which is supposed to have healing properties both internally and externally. I'd certainly heard of honey being used with wound dressings before but had never heard of a honey that was supposed to improve the immune system or heal internally?

I was surprised to find that it helped with digestive problems.

Re: Manuka honey
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 pm 

Greetings Jo, only just read your honey posting. Re digestive problems, as an IBS sufferer I regularly treat myself to natural yoghourt with a huge drizzle of honey (better quality honey better result ...but evern supermarket cheapo has been beneficial)

Apparently also good against hayfever and other allergies. Often locally produced honeys are particularly helpful in childhood hayfever and asthma.

Lady-type vanity here; Bharti Vyas has a natural remedy book, and honey combined with gram flour (chick pea flour) and chilled water makes a great face pack and tightens up wrinkly faces...(well it worked for a few days on mine, cheaper than botox and doesn't leave that celeb frozen face look)

Cheers :lol:

Re: Manuka honey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:29 am 

Hi Kathryn,

many thanks indeed for the tips. You sound very knowledgeable, so i think i will try them. Hope others do too.

Best wishes

J