It's me!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:45 pm 

Hi,

Here are some questions regarding food:

1-Can I eat the peeling of a tangerine? I've seen people doing this, so I'm wondering about it? If I wash the peeling properly, can I eat it like they do?

2-When you cut an apple, some brown colour appears on it rather quickly. Is this bad? How can one prevent the "browning" from happening if they want to save it for snack time at work? I don't want to eat it all at once, but in pieces only. Should I be cautious about cutting it and keeping it for a few hours, the time for it to brown? What is the danger of eating pieces of apples when there's a bit of brown on them? Is there a danger?

3-If I want to eat a cucumber, do I have to peel it first? I enjoy washing it completely then cutting it in pieces to eat it afterwards. Is that okay or do I have to absolutely peel it before eating it?

Thanks,
Health

Re: It's me!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 pm 

Eating tangerine - Yes you can, but it might give you indigestion. Not very palletable on its own. It is popular to zest it.

Apples browning - This is oxidation. The only thing you can really do hear is submerge in water with lemon juice.

Cucumber skin - Yes you can eat it with skin, but may well give you the burps! :mrgreen:

Hope that helps