Can you help me?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm 

Hi,

This might seem a bit strange as a question, but I do need to know the right answer to it. What method is the best? Here is the situation:

Just today, someone saw me in the bathroom. After I'm finished, I usually wash my hands with clear water. I wash with soap only if my hands "smell". Now, this person who saw me in the bathroom wanted to know why I didn't use soap to wash my hands? I replied, "Do my hands smell?" and she said, "No, I'm just carrying a conversation." Now, first , I would have appreciated her minding her business, but now I would need the best advice possible. Isn't water suffice to clean the bacteria? When I got food poisoning, I was told by a nurse to sleep and to drink water and that's it. My food poisoning went away in one day, about that. Now, can't water clean "bathroom" bacteria as well?

Should I use water or soap is...my question?

Thanks,
Health

Can you help me?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:32 am 

Cold water alone will not kill the bacteria. Soap is needed to loosen any bacteria in the pores of the skin, and hot water helps to kill the bacteria.

So at the very least you should be using hot water and soap as an extra.

Re: Can you help me?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Health

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 pm 

This question seems strange, there is no doubt about it, but it's an important one.

Do we really get germs? Or do we get rid off them after washing hands with water only?

Yes, we get in contact with germs while touching excreta. We might get rid off them by just washing hands with the water, but there are chances of there presence. It is all about taking risk!

When there were no soaps, or available only to towns how do villagers managed to get rid of germs? Answer is, You can wash your hands with warm water and some soil or some ash. They are even better than some soaps available. You can try it in labs too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm 

Are we both in the UK???